My nice friend, and former classmate, Olivia (this is her blog, Lively Liv, and it is AWESOME) nominated me for a Liebster Award, and I'm super stoked!
The Liebster awards are a neat way for bloggers to get to know other bloggers. It's because of Olivia that I started trying to step up my blogging game, so it's pretty awesome that she thought of me!
Here are the questions Liv asked me:
1. When did you start your blog and why did you decide to start?
I started my blog about two years ago as a way to document my interests, and also stay creative. Initially this was going to be a blog about interior design appreciation, but then I discovered my love for food, and it morphed from there.
2. What is your favorite place that you've EVER visited?
Cairo. Hands down. There is no other city like it in this world. I bought some of the most beautiful textiles I've ever seen, and when I look at them, I'm taken back to the mornings exploring, and the afternoons lying in the sun, constantly reapplying sunscreen.
3. What are your top 3 favorite blogs?
Joy the Baker (she taught me how to bake!), Smitten Kitchen, and as of two days ago RachelKhoo.com (Have you seen her cooking show? I want her life!!)
4. Describe your perfect Sunday.
Brunch with the perfect cup of coffee, afternoon services, then a stroll downtown, popping into Marshall's and Crate and Barrel to see what's new / on sale.
5. What is your secret talent or skill? Spill!
I don't think I have any secret talents, actually! I'm pretty good at predicting a character's pregnancy on television shows before they announce it...Is that weird?
6. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I like that blogs are your own little diaries. Sure, you post for others, but it's so nice to be able to look back through the archives, and say, "Oh man, I remember that. THAT WAS DELICIOUS." Or, "Oh my gosh, I miss my friends so much, I'm glad that I wrote about it so that I can remember it always."
7. What's the best meal you've ever had?
I don't think I can answer this! Too many choices! It's a tie between the three-course meal me and my work chums had at The Liberty Hotel for Restaurant Week, or the wonderful french cuisine my family had at Lake Park Bistro in Milwaukee. After that meal, I remembered how much I love french food. Bring on the butter and sugar!
8. Fashion dos & don'ts?
Never wear white socks with dark pants. Do be bold and wear red lipstick. It looks good on everyone, trust me.
9. What movie can you watch over and over again and not get sick of it?
You've Got Mail. I LOVE YOU, TOM HANKS.
10. What are your blogging goals for 2014?
Make a schedule and stick to it! Blogging is hard work, but if you set a schedule and stick to it, you'll reap the rewards.
11. What advice would you give to someone who is just starting (or who is thinking about starting) to blog?
Go for it! There's room for everyone. If you can inspire even one person, then you've already won.
Anna from Anna Travels the World
1. What first got you blogging?
2. What's your favorite place to visit?
3. Any hidden talents?
4. Favorite childhood memory?
5. Top 5 favorite musicians...and GO.
6. What is the one thing that you never leave the house without?
7. If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would you invite?
8. Coffee or tea?
9. Any blogging goals for 2014?
10. What's one piece of advice that you would give to a blogger that's just starting out?